First photos of the 15mm BUG HUNT corridor





Here are some previews of the 15mm scale corridor system I'm developing at work. I didn't set aside enough time to properly get a full set painted up, so it's only going to be a choice selection of parts for the painted preview images. The corridor set will be released later this week, at least the basic set, next week I can do the individual parts. Be sure to check out Jim's Lab for this release.

On the miniatures side of this project, I am really unhappy with the way I painted these figures. I didn't plan out well enough, and don't have enough practice with 15mm figures. The painting looks sloppy, it looks aright in person at arms length, so I may just have to leave them as is. I don't see it worth my while stripping and repainting them at this point, I may just sell them off for the same price as replacing them, if I can.

I have some much better ideas for color schemes now, and may even replicate my Hybrid color schemes. Tomorrow I'll be finishing up the corridor tiles, and a handful of figures for the final promotional photos.
JIM

3 comments:

  1. The set is looking tops Jim! I especially like the corridor ends painted in the caution stip colors. It makes (when placing the doors) look highlighted.

    Nice work!

    And don't be so hard on yourself with the figures. They are supposed to look good at arms length! They are tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife had a version of this made for me for Xmas... absolutely love it!

    Don't suppose there will be print-outs available with the new set? Scaling is kind of titchy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember designing that set for your wifes order. I'm sorry to say I redesigned the set from the ground up, and it won't be compatible, but we can discuss on the side about me getting you hooked up with the current version.

    One the basess on the figs were done ,they look less bad, but I still didn't do a good job of planning these paint jobs. The human guys actauuly turned out nice, as we will see when I get the release out this weekend.
    JIM

    ReplyDelete